Software developers, sysadmin, AI expert and CRM wanted
Jottacloud is growing, and we are searching for people to join our team in Oslo.
Jottacloud is a cloud storage service that lets you back up, sync and share files. We recently launched Jottacloud Photos – a super fast service that organizes all your photos.
We are approaching 1 million users and we run on hundreds of servers that handle billions of files and tens of petabytes. We have a small but efficient team where the focus is on results rather than formalities and overhead.
We are currently looking for:
- Mobile Developer
- Backend Developer
- Operations Engineer
- Community and CRM Manager
- AI and Image Recognition Expert
Common for all positions are that we value hands-on experience over education. Higher education is a plus, but not a requirement unless explicitly stated.
Full time. Looking for a backend software engineer with a flair for quality and innovation.
Main requirement is that you’re a Java expert and love to code. And that you code well.
At Jottacloud you’ll mainly be developing new modules in a highly distributed system, plus maintaining existing modules when needed.
This is a position that allows a lot of freedom, influence and responsibility – both when it comes to development and choice of technologies and methods.
Our backend is based on microservices, including REST-API to apps, file storage backends, partner integration, image progressing, CRM ++. The services interact through message queues and/or internal REST APIs – which yield a great lot of flexibility and simplicity.
A few of the technologies you’ll meet working here:
- Languages: Java, Python, GoLang
- Databases: MySQL, Cassandra, Redis
- Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, JAX-RS, Dropwizard, Maven
- Environment: Kanban, Linux, Git
You should have:
- 3+ years job experience with Java
- Master or Bachelor of Computer Science
- Be engaged and like to involve yourself in discussions and decisions
- Write structures code with high quality
- Feel proud when you finish a feature and put it into production
Full time. Talented developer with mobile development experience or a big interest in mobile. A person who likes technical challenges and loves to create high performing and user friendly mobile apps!
As a mobile developer in Jottacloud you will get to:
- Work with the latest mobile technology
- Develop our in-house native apps
- Work closely with other mobile and backend developers
- Influence on decisions regarding technology, functionality and features
We are looking for a developer with a passion for mobile. You should have experience from creating Android apps and if you also have experience from iOS or want experience with iOS as well, we would love to talk to you!
Native Android app written in Java. Gradle and Android Studio. Retrofit, Glide, SQLite, ButterKnife, ExoPlayer, Rebound, EventBus, Fabric, Crashlytics, (Firebase). Our newest Android app, Jottacloud Photos: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.jottacloud.jottacloudphotos
Native iOS app written in Swift. Xcode and CocoaPods. Networking, Upload, Background execution, Alamofire, SnapKit, Core Data, Fabric, Crashlytics, (Firebase). Our newest iOS app, Jottacloud Photos: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jottacloud-photos/id1055315751
Are you our new Sysadmin / Ops engineer / SRE ?
We are looking for an experienced systems / networks administrator that wants to work in a small, fast paced team, managing all of Jottacloud’s infrastructure. That’s 2 datacentres, 10Gbit/s incoming traffic, 30 PB storage, 400 servers, lots of Docker containers, and a bunch of networking gear. All of our infrastructure is based on open source technology, apart from dedicated load balancers (F5 Big-IP), and switches from Juniper. We don’t mind if you’re not intimate with all of the tech we rely on, but you have to be hungry for knowledge and a fast learner.
You should have experience with management and configuration of:
- Loadbalancers from F5 Big-IP
- Switches from Juniper running Junos
- Including switching / routing protocols : (R)SPT, OSPF, BGP
- Ubuntu / Debian based operating systems
- Container management systems like Kubernetes / Rancher / Swarm
- Virtual machines with KVM
- Configuration management using Puppet / Saltstack (or others)
- System provisioning with Foreman / Cobbler / Ubuntu MAAS
- Distributed storage with GlusterFS and CEPH
- MySQL / Percona / database clusters
- Cassandra / Redis NoSQL clusters
Community and Customer Relations Manager
Digital Marketing / CRM Manager
We are looking for someone to plan and deliver CRM strategies across the company, encouraging customer retention and customer loyalty. Your job will be to develop our direct sales channel through digital marketing, and to develop and refine our customer base of over 730,000 + customers.
We are looking for:
- Strong digital marketing skills
- Experience from CRM work
- Analytical and result oriented
- Experience in converting freemium users
- Strong social media skills
- Excellent communication skills
Image Recognition and AI Expert
Full time. We are looking for an AI and Image Recognition expert to help develop future improvements to our services. AI and deep learning will be an essential part of our products and services.
You have knowledge of neural networks, machine learning and ai libraries such as TensorFlow, Caffe and Theano + excellent coding skills.
You will be working on:
- Image recognition
- Object and text detection
- Face detection and recognition/grouping
- Image quality score
Submit your application in Norwegian or English through this form.
We hope to hear from you!