Jottacloud backend / fullstack developer
- Jotta AS
- Senior fullstack developer
- Application deadline:
- Form of employment:
Do you want to work with cloud storage and take part in the team that challenges tech giants like Dropbox and Google?
We are constantly growing and are now looking for a new softeware developer to strengthen the team. The main focus of the position is to further develop Jottacloud's backend modules, but it's also a big plus if you are interested in other parts of the stack such as frontend and/or mobile development.
Our backend consists of many modules and microservices, which communicate through message queues and gRPC. This architecture provides great flexibility. We are not afraid to adopt new technology, and focus on choosing the right tool for the task.
In our backend you will encounter a wide range of technologies, including gRPC APIs, hundreds of databases, image processing, geodata, content search, distributed file systems, load balancing and a proprietary cloud-based infrastructure built on docker, kubernetes and Linux. On the frontend, we just launched a new stack consisting of a mono-repo written in Typescript, React, Mobx and Storybook to share components between all web apps. Most of the CI / CD is already in place, and everything is rolled out in prod with a few keystrokes - so you can focus on coding the next task.
Jotta is a small Norwegian company in solid growth, with a skilled crew, flat structure, little overhead and large foreign competitors. This is a position with a lot of freedom, influence and responsibility, and you get full focus on coding. We do not track hours, make all decisions ourselves and have full control over the entire stack. We are looking for those who want to build an amazing product, and can offer an engaged and stable working environment with high competence.
Some of the technologies you will meet at Jotta:
- Backend: Java, Golang, Kotlin, Kafka, gRPC, Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, SeaweedFS, GlusterFS, ImageMagick
- Frontend: Typescript, React, Redux, Emotion, Storybook, Jest, Playwright
- Environment: Kanban, GitLab, Kubernetes, Docker, Linux
We're looking for those who:
- Have 2+ year experience with Java or Golang
- Big plus if you have experience with fullstack, or motivation to do so
- A master´s or bachelor´s degree in computer science related degree
- Love coding and strive to keep yourself up to date with new technology and trends
- Keep focus on quality and feel proud to see your implementation in use
If you think Jotta is right for you, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a bit about yourself.